14 January 2008


"Reminisce"

I wished last night I could escape
Into the years before,
Without the pain of loss and want
That brought me where I am.

To go beyond the yesterdays,
That curse my memories,
To go before the vigils of
The ones I loved occurred.

To reminisce of normal times,
Without the days of grief,
A luxury afforded not
Where sanity prevails.

I wished last night I could escape
Into the years before,
A childish thought, to hope so high,
For what I cannot have.

Travis Shillington
10-16-06

4 comments:

Seaside Company said...

Your writing as well as your pictures are absolutely striking! I am glad you left me a comment because now I will add you to my friends:) JP took the pictures of us on the beach. Thank you for your compliments. I think he does a pretty good job but I am biased.:)

Jodi said...

Very relaxing blog...poetry, great music, beautiful art.

Becka said...

I have tears in my eyes. You truly have a gift with words.

Karen Carroll said...

Travis,
I love this poem! It has depth, feeling and life.

Love,
Karen